Responsibility for data acquisition and processing
DB Netz AG is responsible for the acquisition and processing of your data. The appointed data protection officer is Mrs Chris Newiger.
If you have any questions, suggestions or criticism regarding vde8.de, please contact:
Deutsche Bahn AG Kommunikation Großprojekte Südost
Telefon: +49 341 9678491
Send any questions and suggestions regarding data protection to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition and processing of personal data on vde8.de
We know how important the careful treatment of your personal information is to you when using our services. Thank you for visiting our website. We would like to explain to you whether and when we collect and process personal information about you. We place great value on the principle of data economy.
Purpose of data acquisition and processing
All data collected and processed serves a specific purpose, which may arise from technical necessity, contractual requirements or the express wish of users. For technical reasons, certain data has to be acquired and stored when vde8.de is visited (the date and duration of the visit, the pages used, recognition data of the browser used, the type of operating system and the website from which you are visiting us). If this data can be used to determine the number of visitors and use of our website, this is done completely anonymously.
Deletion of your data
Your data will be deleted once it has served the purpose for which it was acquired (e.g. within the scope of a contractual relationship). Your data will also be deleted if its storage is prohibited (especially if the data is incorrect and cannot be updated). If data cannot be deleted for legal or factual reasons (for example special retention obligations), it will be embargoed.
Disclosure of data
We do not disclose your data to third parties unless required so by the business relationship. If we use subcontractors or agents to meet our contractual obligations towards you, we shall have to disclose your data to them. However, they are contractually obliged to use the data solely to fulfil our order. We shall explicitly inform you if we intend to exchange your data with DB companies.
- ou can request information about the data we have stored about you.
- You can request that the data be corrected, deleted or embargoed, provided there is a statutory basis for this.
- If you have created a customer account, you can have it deleted.
- A letter sent by post to Frank Kniestedt, VDE 8 project spokesman, Dohnanyistraße 11, 04103 Leipzig, or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Use of Piwik
Piwik analytics software is used on vde8.de. Using cookies, data is stored on how you use our website, including your IP address. This data is anonymised and stored by us. If you do not agree to analysis of your user behaviour, you can adjust your browser settings to block cookies at any time. However, in this case you may find that not all the functions can be used.
You can decide here whether a unique web analysis cookie can be stored in your browser, to enable the website operator to acquire and analyse various statistical data. If you decide against this, click on the following link to load the Piwik deactivation cookie into your browser. Your visit to this website is currently being logged by Piwik web analytics. Click here to stop your visit from being logged.
Integration of YouTube videos
YouTube videos are loaded on to the website in enhanced protected mode. The following data is sent to Google as the operator of YouTube when the site is visited:
- The IP address
- The specific address of the page opened on our site
- The browser identification sent
- The system date and time of access
- Existing cookies by which your browser can be uniquely identified
Only when the video is played will YouTube set cookies and pixel tags for personalised advertising and search results.
We would point out that Google may receive further data from cookies already stored. We have no influence on how they may be used by Google. Google Inc. is responsible for acquiring and processing this data.
In general, however, it is possible to use vde8.de without cookies which do not have a technical purpose. You can therefore prevent tracing by cookies in your browser (Do not track, tracking protection list) and by stopping the storage of third-party cookies. See below for how you can change your browser settings:
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cookies/en
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Firefox add-on for managing flash cookies: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy
- Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy
- Adobe (plug-in for flash cookies): http://www.adobe.com/de/privacy/flash-player.html
- Adobe settings manager: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/de/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html#117096
- Do not track: https://support.mozilla.org/de/kb/wie-verhindere-ich-dass-websites-mich-verfolgen
- Browser-Add-on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Tracking-Protection-List: http://www.iegallery.com/de-de/trackingprotectionlists
We also recommend regular checking and deletion of stored cookies, unless they are expressly wanted.
Social media plug-ins
Share buttons for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn users to share links are available at vde8.de
User data will only be passed on to social media services if visitors to vde8.de expressly want to use the Share function and click on the appropriate link or button. Until then no data whatsoever will flow to and from social media. We recommend logging out of your user account on social media to prevent tracking and use the Internet without being watched.
The website contains links to external providers. If you click on these links, you will leave the vde8.de website. DB Netz AG is therefore not responsible for the content, services, products, data protection or technical security on the linked website.